Hey there, and welcome to Contemporary Techniques for Electric Bass. I am glad you have decided to take this course. I am confident you are going to enjoy what we're going to be doing over the coming weeks. I know I will!
Contemporary techniques on the bass are no more difficult than any other kind of playing, they are just different from the ones you might be used to. Over the course of the next twelve weeks, we will take an in-depth look at almost all of the popular techniques. Many of you will struggle with the basic motions, but the key to success is repetition, persistence, and good humor.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Double Thump
- Approach bass as a Percussive Instrument
- Construct a solo performance
- Integrate effects (Loop Machine etc) into your playing
- Tapestry, by Grant Stinnett
- Slap Bass Workout, by Jim Stinnett