Reading Music - Jazz
1. Sight Reading Book Nine, Jazz Blues Walking is 1472 measures of walking bass lines over blues. The majority of the material is fairly simple reading.
2. Sight Reading Book Eleven, Rhythm Changes is 1472 measures of walking bass lines Rhythm Changes. The level of difficutly ranges from simple advanced.
3. Reading Bass Parts Vol 1 is a music minus one style presentation. The lines are transcribed from the accompanying recording featuring Joe Hunt - drums, Lionel Loueke -guitar, and Dino Govoni - tenor. There are two tracks for each song, with and without the bass. Each track has two notated charts, one of the bass line, the second is chord changes only. The level is medium to difficult. This is outstanding practice of playing along with professional players.
4. Reading Bass Parts Vol 3 is a music minus one style presentation. Same format as Vol 1. This session features Dom Moio - drums, Chuck Marhonic - piano, and Sam Piliafian on Tuba. Superb performance by the band. The level is medium to difficult.
5. Reading Jazz Bass is for intermediate to advanced level readers.
6. Bop Chops is advanced jazz material.